Villas Marinas is a luxury villa development on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic.
Choose a property and then build your dream home. We have several different home designs, with either 3 or 4 bedrooms. Customize our designs to make the home your own.
There are a total of 77 lots in the development. Several dozen are still available for new owners.
Prices range from $255,000 to $425,000.
- Choose from several different models, plus numerous upgrades.
- All homes have ocean view from either the rooftop terrace (single story models) or from the second floor (two story models).
- Perfect as a full-time residence, or a vacation home and/or income property.
- These are NOT timeshares. You own your home outright. No need to share with others!
- As an owner, you own your home and the land it sits on. You have full legal title to your property.
- No financing. Buyers must source funds themselves.
Other Key Details
- Gated community with 24/7 security on-site.
- Full property management services are available to all owners.
- As an owner, you can access all the great amenities within the community.
Location & Maps
We're located on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic, right on the Atlantic Ocean.
The properties are within a gated community called Sosua Ocean Village. The community is only 20 minutes from the Puerto Plata airport, between the beach towns of Sosua and Cabarete.
As an owner at Villas Marinas, you can enjoy everything the community has to offer.
Fitness Center & Spa
Pools & Jacuzzis
Kids' Aquapark & Playground
Tennis & Basketball Courts
Models & Prices
Villa Panorama2 Story, 3/4 Bedrooms
- 2,850 sq. ft.
- 2 spaces
Villa Palmera2 Stories, 3 Bedrooms
- 2,000 sq. ft.
- 2 spaces
Villa PlayaSingle Story, 3 Bedrooms
- 2,205 sq. ft.
- 2 spaces
Villa CaracolSingle Story, 3 Bedrooms
- 2,150 sq. ft.
- 2 spaces
Villa CoralSingle Story, 3 Bedrooms
- 1,556 sq. ft.
- 1 space
Upgrade Your Home
For each of our 6 models, you can choose from a number of optional upgrades.
Enjoy an incredible ocean view and add considerable outdoor living space. Standard pergola and pool side 1/2 bath is part of price, but your rooftop terrace is totally customizable: hottub, bbq area, kitchen, the choice is yours! $16,000 USD
Protect your vehicle from the sun by adding a two vehicle carport to your Villas Marinas home. Made with hardwood and pergola cover.$6,500
Increase the size of your pool from 9,000 to 12,000 gallons. Ask about pricing for even larger pools. $5,000
Entertain family and friends while cooking outdoors. Includes cabinet, granite counter, bar sink, bar fridge, and small stove.$5,000
Half Bath by Pool
Keep the water outside! Add a 1/2 bath adjacent to the pool area. $8,000
Another way to increase outdoor living space. Entertain outdoors any time of the day under a covered pergola. $8,000
- 2-year construction guarantee
- 3.0 metre ceilings throughout
- 6″ masonry block concrete walls reinforced with iron
- Concrete roof finishes
- Interior walls and floor constructed with 6″ concrete masonry block
- Concrete slab on grade with seismic calculations
- Front windows standard maintenance free aluminum M-100
- Side windows standard maintenance free aluminum P-92
- Solid wood entrance and interior doors: 2.10 – 2.40 metres high
- Two exterior water spigots
- Decking pressure treated wood with sealant (where applicable)
- Driveways and sidewalks constructed of stone or concrete
- Copper wiring throughout
- Minimum 200 AMP service panel with breakers
Kitchens & Baths
- Standard cabinets of solid wood
- All cabinet drawers are full extension
- Standard granite counters in kitchen; marble in baths
- Rough in plumbing provided for dishwasher
- Stainless steel kitchen sink with single lever chrome tap
- Concrete slab on grade with seismic calculations
- Vessel bathroom sinks in marble
- Marble bathroom bathtub (where applicable)
- Bathrooms finished with imported high quality ceramic and porcelain tiles
- All shower doors of clear glass
- High efficiency toilets
- Parking pad for two vehicles with concrete pavers
- Optional carport to be constructed of treated pine and concrete pavers
- Sidewalks in stone or concrete
- One front exterior feature wall with stone (slate or coralina)
- Balliard lighting along sidewalk/driveway
- Yard to be fully landscaped with grass and selection of tropical plants
- Propane line can be run to terrace for bbq
- 9,000 gallon swimming pool included (optional larger pool)
- Optional roof terrace to include pergola and rough in for lights & plumbing. Outdoor stair rails in glass and aluminum.
- Pool decks and outdoor stairs of stuccoed coralina stone
- Marble floor tile throughout, including baseboards
- Crown molding throughout villa
- Stainless steel hardware throughout
- On demand, gas hot water heater
- Light fixtures with standard bulbs and ready for fixtures
- Standard rough in for washer/dryer
- 9,000 or 12,000 BTU air conditioners in all bedrooms
- Cable tv wired to great room, terrace, and each bedroom
No Work. No Stress.
We're here to make things easy for you—both when you're staying here AND when you're away.
Many Villas Marinas owners won't live in the DR full time. Even so, they still have peace of mind knowing that their homes are taken care of in their absence.
Every Villas Marinas owner gets access to a full range of services.
The friendly, English-speaking staff at the main office on-site will manage your property to your exact requirements.
Assistance, À La Carte
Choose the On-Site Services You Need
Full and part time owners can take advantage of our onsite administration services, making your vacation home as work-free and stress-free as you want.You can choose to use some, or all, of these services:
- maintenance service (all major and minor repairs)
- garden/pool service
- monthly bill payments
- monitoring & crisis management
- point of contact on the island
- full, transparent accounting service and reporting
Earn Income from Your Property
Your vacation home can earn you money in your absence.
Villas Marinas offers all the benefits of an all-inclusive hotel vacation, but with the privacy and space many vacationers crave.
Many owners use their villas as full or part time rental properties.
Your renters can take advantage of all the on-site amenities on-site, plus other services just a short drive away.
If you choose to rent out your property, we're here to help.
How Much Income Could Your Property Earn?
The North Coast of the Dominican Republic is starting to boom.
- Tourists have started to flock to the North Coast, recognizing it's a new, less-expensive destination with so much to see and do.
- It's a secure investment because hurricanes rarely hit the North Coast directly.
- The DR government has bet on the region. Over the past few years, it's made significant investments in infrastructure.
- Airlines continue to add more flights to Puerto Plata—including new direct flghts&mdashfrom various cities in the US and Canada.
For all these reasons, when you rent out your vacation home you can expect a great return.
Villas Marinas is a particularly good investment because our homes offer the three things vacation renters want most from their Caribbean holiday:
- To feel safe and secure. Villas Marinas is in a secure, gated community.
- Stay right by the water. Villas Marinas is right near the ocean.
- Enjoy a variety of exciting activities. From Villas Marinas, amazing cuisine, outdoor excursions, cultural events and more are within easy reach.
Let Us Manage Your Rentals
Our services include a thorough check-in/check-out service for renters, ensuring your property is left in excellent condition.
Other services for your renters:
- 24-hour response office
- concierge services
- excursion booking
- vehicle rentals
- in-unit groceries
- laundry service
- airport pick-up/drop-off, taxi service
- other services as needed
As an owner within Sosua Ocean Village (both Villas Marinas and Ocean View Deluxe owners), there are a few monthly fees and expenses. Many of these are for optional services that you can choose to use or not use.
(includes: security, onsite office with English-speaking staff, maintenance of common roads/areas, outside lighting, garbage collection, water
|2 bedroom: $200 USD
3 bedroom: $225.00
4 bedroom: $250.00
5 bedroom: $280.00
|Propane||$20.00 (estimated – by consumption)|
|Power (average is $100/bedroom for rental villa)||$200.00 (estimated – by consumption)|
|Housekeeping (6 days/week)||$210.00 (optional)|
|Pool/Gardening (6 days/week)||$250.00 (optional)|
|Cable TV||$30.00 (optional)|
|Monthly bill payment service||$100.00 (optional)|
|Monthly accounting fee (rental only)||$60.00|
Download a PDF version of this fees list