Foreign property investments are also encouraged by incentives, which according to the country’s tourism office, include:
- Tax-free receipt of pension income from foreign sources, including the possibility of moving belongings to the country.
- Foreign buyers receive a 50% exemption from property tax.
- Exemption of taxes on the payment of dividends and interest, generated within the country or overseas.
- Foreign buyers receive a 50% exemption on taxes on mortgages, when the creditors are financial institutions that are regulated by Dominican financial monetary law.
- Exemption on payment of taxes for household and personal items.
- Exemption from taxes on property transfers.
- Partial exemption on vehicle taxes.