What are your plans for the future?
Do your plans include enjoying 300 plus days of sunshine a year?
What if we told you they could?
- Dreaming of a place to escape to, either permanently or on a regular basis?
- Looking for a way to stretch your retirement nest egg—while escaping winter slush and ice?
- Thinking about investing in a vacation income property?
Regardless, we know the perfect place.
Perfect, whether you want a vacation home, investment property or somewhere new to put down roots.
Like an increasing number of Americans, Canadians and Europeans, look no further than the Dominican Republic’s beautiful North Coast.
Why is the DR’s North Coast So Special?
Vacation? Live? Retire? Invest?
No matter your plans, here are just a few of the reasons why the North Coast is such a great place for foreigners:
- Centrally located in the Americas
- 300 plus days of sunshine a year!
- Home to a large expat community of Americans, Canadians & Europeans
- Significant government investments in infrastructure
- Streamlined residency
- Welcoming to retirees
- Generous tax incentives
Living on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic
In the Dominican Republic, you’ll find a more sophisticated lifestyle than elsewhere in the Caribbean.
Here, it’s almost European—with a tropical twist.
This is especially true on the booming North Coast, a short two or three hour plane ride from the Eastern United States.
Everything from basic necessities to high-end luxuries are within reach.
You won’t have to go without.
In fact, with a large number of American, Canadian and European expats living here, there are more amenities and services available than in other parts of the Caribbean.
Yet prices are generally cheaper—more Latin American than Caribbean. From real estate to the general cost of living, you’ll pay less than you would on other islands.
Small business web directory by catagory and pages
Get listed under dominican republic real estate for sale category. Also try at Beauty | Business | Construction | Education | Finance | Health | Insurance | Jobs | Medical | Real Estate | Travel
- With a budget of $1,200 USD a month, a couple can live comfortably.
- With a $2,000 monthly budget, you can really enjoy the good life.
- Invest in a place of your own, and your monthly living costs would be much less.
The bottom line is that it’s a lot easier than you’d think to enjoy a tropical lifestyle.
Moving to the North Coast to Work or Retire
Just like in other countries, qualify for residency in the DR and you’re eligible for many perks and tax breaks.
As a resident, you’re eligible for a lot of benefits:
- local home financing
- importing household goods and a car tax-free
- qualify for citizenship (and thus a second passport)
- pay for higher education in pesos instead of dollars
In the DR, it couldn’t be simpler to qualify for temporary residency.
And if you’re a retiree (see below), it’s even easier to get permanent residency.
Even if your only retirement income is a monthly Social Security check, you can comfortably live a white-sands lifestyle.
Across the Caribbean, it’d be hard to find another place where this is so easy.
With a little extra money for a travel budget, you could spend your retirement island-hopping around the Caribbean, Mexico and Florida!
The government of the Dominican Republic has made it easy for people to retire here, rolling out the red carpet for foreign retirees.
Retirees can actually skip temporary residency and jump right to permanent residency status.
Just show the government you’ve got a monthly pension of at least $1,500 and in only 45 days, you can qualify for provisional residency. Each person you bring with you (i.e. spouse, children) only requires another $250 per month.
If you live in the DR, you can work here.
In fact, lots of expats fully fund their local lifestyle by working, either full or part time.
Just a few options for foreigners:
Start your own business: On the North Coast, you’ll find expats owning or operating restaurants, gyms, hotels, boutique shops and sailing schools. Startup businesses get a 15-year exemption. No income taxes, corporate taxes, VAT, municipal taxes, export tax and duties, or incorporation and capitalization taxes.
Put your skills and expertise to use: Have specific skills from a past life or career? These could be in high demand in the DR. Just a few include architecture, pool building, mechanics and engineering. There are plenty more. If you’re so inclined, you could put your skills to work again.
Consult: Another option is to offer consulting services or run an online business for expats and overseas clients.
Tired of the rat race? Why not start fresh on the North Coast?
Investing in the DR
The North Coast is booming and it’s easy to see why:
- The government has made massive investments in infrastructure, from roads to sanitation to airports.
- New residential developments are popping up along the coast.
- Further land is being opened for development.
- Tourists are flocking here to enjoy the beautiful weather and world-class wind and surf
It’s become easy for foreigners to not only live well and retire comfortably, but also to invest wisely.
One of the main reasons?
In recent years, the government completely streamlined the real estate sector.
With these improvements, it’s now a low-risk, fully regulated market.
When purchasing real estate, buyers can count on clear procedures that the government takes great care to ensure are followed.
Proper land titles, just like in the US, Canada and Europe, fully protect property owners. Everyone has guaranteed ownership of their properties.
Whether you buy a single property or make larger investments, count on full peace of mind.
Why Not Check out the North Coast?
From Puerto Plata to Cabarete and Sosua, there’s plenty of opportunity on the North Coast.
- Live a comfortable, white-sands lifestyle year-round—or whenever you visit.
- Stretch your retirement income and enjoy golden years that are that much more golden.
- When you’re not here, put your property to work earning rental income.
Oh, and did we mention the sunshine?