Questions? We Can Help
For each question, click/tap the + sign to view the answer.
The Dominican Republic offers a number of tax incentives to attract foreigners and foreign investment.
- Any start-up in the DR is exempt from taxes for up to 15 years.
- Tax on company assets: 1% per year, and is a tax credited towards income tax
- When you purchase property in the Dominican, you don’t have to pay capital gains, property or housing taxes.
- Property taxes: You only pay an annual real estate tax of 1%, and only if the value of your property exceeds 5 million pesos (approx. $100,000 USD).
- Exemption from the taxes oin dividends and interest generated in the DR or abroad.
For more information about tax incentives, see this external page.